Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement. A brighter future is in your hands.
Future Opportunity - Thank you for your interest to join our Landscape Development team! We are always seeking talented professionals to grow with our company. Please submit your resume now for future Area Superintendent positions with our Sacramento Development branch, and our Talent Acquisition team will reach out when a position opens that matches your qualifications.
What you’ll do:
- Coaching, evaluating and training staff and field workers in the performance of landscape construction services
- Inspecting all field work; analyzing and resolving problems
- Managing labor force to ensure labor budgets are on track
- Maintaining accurate daily and weekly Foremen and Superintendent activity logs; updating production tracking reports and generating other related reports as needed
- Responsible for dispatch of labor and equipment to job sites
- Managing equipment utilization on projects, equipment storage and maintenance
- Ensuring that all construction services are delivered according to contract specifications, within budget and on schedule
- Meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers – working with staff to ensure same
- Working collaboratively with others; fostering a positive “people oriented” environment
- Evaluating employee safety data and promoting safe work practices or conditions; ensuring employees attend weekly safety meetings
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting Company culture
- Maintaining and updating project schedules
- Assist and train Foreman in the management of safety w/ the labor force, equipment and subs
Skills we’re seeking:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with landscape, concrete, irrigation and construction production techniques
- Minimum of 5 years managing and leading construction production teams on a General Contractor level
- 10/30HR OSHA and Competent Person Certification a plus. If not certified, BVLD will train and get you certified
- Bilingual (Spanish) highly preferred
- Expert knowledge of construction tools, machinery and equipment
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- Strong work ethic and punctuality
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Program and company match.
BrightView Landscape Development is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.