Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Senior Estimator. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for managing Estimator – Trainees, Staff Estimators and Project Estimators to ensure that multiple large and complex landscape, irrigation and site-work proposals are executed successfully and according to Company guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Generate complete bid estimates on multi-discipline projects
- Partner with owners, architects and general contractors to resolve
- technical matters that may arise during the bidding process
- Direct bid day activities, sub solicitations and be knowledgeable about MBE/WBE/DBE
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff assigned to the project
- Communicate with Chief Estimator and Manager of Pre-Construction regarding estimating schedule, labor requirements and any potential issues
- Review completed bids and budgets with Chief Estimator and Manage of Pre-Construction
- lead inter-branch estimating teams on special projects
- Participate in productivity studies as needed
- Utilize standard estimate computer software to present information to management
- Demonstrate role model behaviors on ethics and integrity
Skills we’re seeking:
- Minimum of 5 years of construction industry estimating experience for
- landscape, irrigation and site-work projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering,
- Construction Science, Construction Management or related
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), Heavy Bid (HCSS), OnScreen
- Possess a basic understanding of construction accounting including budgeted versus actual costs
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscape Development is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.