Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We're currently seeking a Regional Operations Manager.
The Regional Operations Manager is the operations and talent management leader for all members of a geographic region team and ensures service delivery in a manner that meets or exceeds client expectations. This individual is directly responsible for ensuring that the Region achieves the financial, operational, talent management and other objectives that are set forth for the Region. Major responsibilities include the following:
What you'll do:
Sole responsibility of the management of the Region’s P&L of $25-30MM
Analyze financial data and effectively utilize information to drive regional operational improvements to obtain the desired financial results
Lead Regional team to ensure that the core operational processes of service partner on-boarding/compliance, service partner management, and work order management are being followed properly and improvements in this process are made on an as needed basis
Set clear goals and expectations for all Region team members and hold them accountable; Region team members consist of, Operations Managers, Area Managers, Senior Market Managers and Market Managers.
Lead Regional team to ensure service delivery, customer deadlines are met, and customer service KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are updated, tracked and acted on each day to meet the customer/BES (BrightView Enterprise Solutions) goals.
Evaluate and implement operational strategies that will position the Company to grow our current portfolio.
Thoroughly understand the scope and terms of each client’s contract within the region and communicate the specifics to all region team members
Work closely with National Accounts to understand any contract/term changes for each client and inform regional team
Responsible for facilitating weekly regional operationally updates to team
Inter-Departmental Coordination and Communication:
- Effectively communicate / interact with all other BrightView departments in a manner that fosters teamwork and unity, which ultimately benefits the client.
- Provide operational feedback to the National Accounts in a manner that allows them to effectively communicate to the client.
- Work with National Accounts to process non-contract client requests and ensure work is scheduled in a timely manner.
- Work with HR to recruit, interview and select all personnel to support the geographic region to ensure we are hiring the right employees for current and future needs
- Involvement with every promotion decision in each Region
- Complete yearly development reviews for each member of the Region team and ensure appropriate follow up
- Ensure that new employees are properly oriented to the company and trained for their positions
- Responsible for development, growth and retention of regional team members
- Proactively identify performance issues with Regional team members and work with HR to develop appropriate action plan or training plan to bring performance up to acceptable standards.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to ensure financial goals set in the budget
- Approving site additions/deletions and reconcile with subcontractor adds / deletes
- Review and approve/deny financial credits to accounts
- Ensure all regional billing is processed timely
- Responsible for ensuring approved out of scope work orders are completed timely.
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
Skills we're seeking:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leading, developing and managing teams
- Experience with budgeting and P&L management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, both internal and external communication.
- Ability to network with industry and trade contacts and/or within the marketplace.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, to include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of operations management and team leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience.
- Minimum education of a four year degree in a business related field or equivalent experience required.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Employer