Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a full time Employee Relations Specialist to join our Human Resources Team. The Employee Relations Specialist (ERS) is responsible for providing support to managers and team members including administering employment policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations that promote positive employee relations. This includes conducting workplace investigations, counseling management with respect to federal, state and local EEO and other laws to ensure consistent interpretation and application of laws, policies and procedures. The ERS recommends effective solutions for addressing workplace issues and corrective actions in accordance with personnel policy and applicable laws. This role performs required tasks and initiatives, following the guidelines and procedures established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records for ER cases, and delivering service in a professional and efficient manner with prompt assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
This position is located in New Albany, Ohio.
What you'll do:
- Assists team members with workforce issues by listening empathetically to concerns, managing, and handling the case in a sensitive manner. Keeps team member regularly informed of the status of the case, informing the team member of obligations to ensure a timely and accurate handling of the case in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Consults with and advises managers regarding workplace issues and recommends appropriate personnel actions in accordance with Company policies and guidelines, and applicable laws.
- Coordinates review with employment law on guidance as appropriate in addressing cases that may result in potential legal action. Assists managers as needed in preparing corrective action documents and performance improvement plans, and preparing for employee conversations and partners to resolve. Notifies manager of process and timeline based on the recommended actions.
- Remains current and informed in the field of Employee Relations in order to share knowledge and insights with others. Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local EEO and labor laws.
- Manages requests or inquiries from customers following defined procedures and guidelines. Conducts proper reviews and investigations working to resolve cases within acceptable timeframes, further escalating inquiries as appropriate in order to uphold timely, effective resolution.
- Collaborates effectively with others in order to execute tasks and fulfill key deliverables within the HR functional area(s). Integrates efficiently with team members in the functional area(s) and seeks to provide expertise/advice in the area of specialization as appropriate. Strives to gather and share information to allow for transparent knowledge transfer and effective overall capability of the HR functional team.
- Interacts and interfaces with customers, vendors, service providers, and other third parties as applicable in relation to the activities and dependencies within the HR functional area(s).
- Takes ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, inquiries, and escalations within the HR functional area(s) of specialization and makes sure that they are resolved and completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality. Follows up and provides continuous feedback, guidance, and information to customers, key stakeholders, and peers within the HR functional area team. Ensures high-quality standards for all activities, initiatives, and tasks within the designated functional area(s) of responsibility.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with customers and team members of the HR functional area team while displaying empathy and courtesy. Cultivates a high level of trust with all customers, stakeholders and team members. Assists and encourages users and customers to make effective use of the self-service options, systems, products, services, etc. in order to drive rapid resolution and empower the customer. Educates and informs customers of the full range of HR services available to them.
- Manage periodic reporting from ERCM and other related systems for various HR and other stakeholders
- Streamline HR processes and develop related guidance materials and training for HR
- Serves as a liaison for a particular business area and contributes to the relevant team meetings as needed.
Skills we're seeking:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment (EEO) and labor laws
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing effective solutions to resolve problems.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bilingual preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.