Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Safety Officer to enforce and drive safety on of our large property sites.
What you'll do:
- Identify and investigate potential workplace hazards and providing recommendations to eliminate or reduce those hazards
- Create, monitor and implement safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that the company and branch employees are in compliance with all regulatory standards
- Increase employee safety awareness by providing comprehensive and consistent training (both regulatory and company mandated)
- Coordinate safety activities and training to ensure implementation of safety awareness programs throughout the organization
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between management and employees on safety and health issues
- Provide direction on safety programs and procedures based on organizational goals and policies providing internal consulting services to staff members and branch contacts on technical or operational problems relative to safety
- Generate reports to management and various supervisory personnel which identifies issues and/or demonstrate results
Skills we're seeking:
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Project/process management experience
- Experience in site safety and OSHA 30 requirements
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
- Competent with Windows based PCs and software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Position requires the physical ability to frequently walk jobsites with uneven terrain, occasionally several miles per day; climbing stairs and ladders, working from heights, entering confined spaces, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Position requires driving company vehicles, therefore a valid driver’s license is a must.
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.