Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000 team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern.
What you’ll do:
The intern will be working with BrightView’s Marketing and Communications/Public Affairs team:
- Provides administrative support for a busy Marketing and Communications department
- Communicate to internal and external clients and colleagues with a high level of professionalism and positivity
- Provide support and coordination for special events and meetings
- Assist with media relations: Assist in the preparation of news releases and media advisories. Maintain media lists and editorial calendars
- Contribute to the team’s social media efforts, including writing content for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Work on special projects and tasks as assigned
Skills we’re seeking:
- Academic, work experience or exposure to Marketing and Communications/Public Affairs and project management
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
- Strong writing, oral presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to roll-up sleeves to get the job done
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Educational Status
- Must be in a four year college degree program focused on communications, marketing or journalism.