Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Coordinator, Hiring and Training. The Coordinator will report directly to the General Superintendent and is responsible for recruiting for field level positions.
What you’ll do:
- Assess and explore potential field labor pools that are available near and around each branch location within the region.
- Define and implement a “marketing” strategy for the communities selected as recruiting targets, so there is a clear understanding of the BrightView name, reputation, and recruiting needs. Recognize and understand the hiring strategies of regional and national landscaping competitors, including who, where and when they hire and the wages that are being paid in the local area. Track all prospective and current employees contact information.
- Track success rate of different tools utilized to attract field employees (e.g. radio, newspaper, web, referral, community outreach, etc.) Visit outreach sources such as community based organizations (CBOs), job fairs, schools, etc. to recruit.
- Manage pipeline of potential employees and work with local branch management teams to anticipate, determine, and fulfill field labor recruiting needs.
- Conduct interviews in both English and Spanish to qualify candidates.
- Coordinate pre-employment drug testing, conduct safety orientation, verifying work history, collect and submit new hire paperwork to Office Manager, and perform new hire orientations.
- Conduct exit interviews and track reasons why field workforce level employees resign.
- Conduct training to prepare candidates for field work and monitor progress through first 90 days of employment.
Skills we’re seeking:
- Landscape or similar construction industry experience preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish) with ability to read/write in both English and Spanish.
- Must be outgoing and self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (including some weekends).
- An affinity for the outdoors and field services
- Ability to manage numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Position may require significant travel throughout the assigned territory.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.