Procurement Category Manager – Fleet and CapEx
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Procurement Category Manager for Fleet and Capital Equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the fleet and capital equipment procurement process (RFP’s, supplier negotiations, etc.) ensuring a fair and efficient bidding process, clear communication, and optimum bidder selection.
- Ensure proper vendor selection through experience, market knowledge and formal bid evaluation.
- In partnership with Fleet Operations and the Regional Equipment Managers, provide subject matter expertise for all fleet and capital equipment purchasing.
- Responsible for contract management and vendor compliance / enforcement of SLA’s.
- Develop total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis to build the financial model for equipment life cycle that will maximize utilization and efficiency, minimize repair, reduce down time, increase productivity, eliminate waste, buy vs lease analysis, fleet utilization optimization etc.
- Identify trends in expenditures and recommend / drive cost reductions.
- Work with incumbent suppliers and identify new supplier opportunities.
- Develop and enhance the value proposition for repair parts and maintenance programs.
- Perform root cause analysis for all equipment functional and safety failures.
- Partner with our manufacturers and safety team as applicable to develop corrective action plans or retrofits that will eliminate the failures and return equipment to operational efficiency.
- Establish / timeline deliveries of equipment to meet the needs of business.
- Monitor and improve utilization rates of corporate programs.
- Negotiate, monitor, reconcile and report on vendor rebates.
- Participate in identifying and valuing assets of newly acquired companies and incorporating those assets to BrightView suppliers.
- Oversee and manage bailment pools in cooperation with Fleet operations.
- Manage supplier relationships and supplier performance.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase for all vehicles and drivers.
- Analyze /manage large data sets; including data mining for new opportunities
Skills we’re seeking:
- Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of suggesting improvements to processes and implementing cost savings.
- Contracts and contracting procedures.
- Proactive, independent, dead-line driven, results oriented, creative, flexible team player.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and sense of urgency.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organizing/time management and problem solving skills.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking skills to provide a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation and can communicate analysis to others.
- Exhibit a positive and proactive attitude with high initiative and the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Build and maintain Supplier/Contractor relationships with the objective of reducing total costs and eliminating inefficiencies.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and influence across all regions to the branch level and all internal customers.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Finance, Accounting, Business, Fleet Management or related Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years purchasing or supply chain experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products, especially strong Excel skills required.
- Proficient User of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent change-management skills.
- Ability to participate and lead in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership internally and externally.
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation communication skills.