Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a full-time hourly position to support the Tree Care Manager (TCM) and Business Developer (BD). Activities include estimating, customer service, safety and all administrative functions. Successful Assistant/Estimators are organized, efficient, have a strong work ethic, are detail oriented, and are self-starters who enjoy working on a team in a supporting role.
What you'll do:
- Answer Tree Care calls into the office and direct to Tree Care Manager and Business Developer as needed
- Forward All Tree Bid Requests within the branch to BD to ensure timely responses and to prevent duplication
- Prepare and Submit SO requests to Office Administrator (OA) and assist OA with SO related questions
- Respond to client requests from TCM and BD including Contract Review requests, COI requests, scheduling, etc.
- Assist with business development, attend sales calls with TCM and BD and assist with client cost estimate requests as necessary
- Under the direction of the TCM and BD, visit customer sites and collect data for cost estimates
- Prepare Cost Proposals for TCM and BD
- Assist TCM and BD with follow up on submitted Tree Care Proposals
- Assist TCM and BD with follow up calls after work is completed to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Promote safety and efficiency within the Tree Care branch at all times
Skills we're seeking:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Prefer Bachelors degree. Ideally in Ag Business, Horticulture, Ag Science, Landscape Maintenance, Agronomy, Floriculture, Forestry, Plant and Soil Science, Environmental Design, Turf Grass or Landscape Architecture
- Minimum 6 Months experience in Tree Care
- Able to quickly identify common Sacramento area landscape trees
- Prefer 5 Years experience in landscape maintenance or landscape construction
- Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- ISA Certified or ability to become ISA Certified within 6 Months
- Able to type 30 wpm
- Familiarity with GPS data gathering and management, is a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.