Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Corporate Senior Accountant.
What you'll do:
- Performing close tasks including preparing and booking journal entries, maintaining account reconciliations and assisting in account analyses
- Assist with company implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements
- Provide accounting and financial reporting guidance and draft accounting policies to support business, functional and corporate needs
- Identify complex accounting issues, research solutions, and prepare resolutions.
- Provide accounting support for special transactions
- Interact with controllership council and independent public accountants on accounting and reporting matters
- Initiate and lead special projects for process improvements to enhance efficiency and performance
- Assist with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls
- Support the Corporate Accounting Department with ad hoc requests
Skills we're seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience - public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Action oriented; thrives in a dynamic environment; takes initiative to identify and resolve issues
- Precise, deadline-driven team member with strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills; strategic thinker
- High level of proficiency in Excel to perform spreadsheet and financial analysis
- JD Edwards experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.