Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Crew Trainer.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Branch Managers, VP General Managers and operational VPs to assess training needs and develop targets for crew growth within assigned market
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training necessary for crew members to progress to next career level
- Design local training (based on enterprise established standards) and facilitate training programs including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and sub-contractors required
- Incorporate safety practices and policies into training
- Perform hands on work with crews as needed to demonstrate new processes and execution of techniques
- Develop monitoring processes to evaluate success of specific training programs, including tracking of required certifications for each crew level
- Share and help implement production best practices across the market
- Review and recommend improvements in production and work practices to increase productivity and quality; incorporate improvements in training program.
- Coach/mentor/partner with Production Managers utilizing influencing techniques
- Provide coaching and guidance to Crew Leaders on leadership and training techniques
Skills we’re seeking:
- Horticultural knowledge, landscape industry experience and experience leading one or multiple crew , or equivalent (3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE leading)
- Proficient in the use of all typical landscaping equipment, including all company vehicles
- Structured problem solving approach, including proven ability to prioritize and drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and written, with a wide range of people
- Speak proficiently in both English and Spanish (if appropriate for market)
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and manage a change program
- Capability of dealing with day-to-day challenges and obstacles: out of the ordinary scopes (e.g. new hires, new equipment, etc.)
- Displays a team approach to leadership; sets a positive example for others
- Ability to deliver classroom and field training on job and company specific topics
- Knowledge and ability to apply adult learning concepts in training design and delivery
- Ability to apply process skills to facilitate learning through listening, discussion, feedback, and synthesis of content
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.