Senior Desktop Engineer
This position is located in Plymouth Meeting, PA
As the Senior Desktop Engineer you will oversee processes to ensure workstations and software are properly maintained and distributed in a timely manner, and align with industry standard and company security requirements. You will take a hands on role in managing workstation and software deployment solutions, developing operating system images and software packages, and managing Active Directory policy and group objects.
- Mentor Junior Desktop Engineer and train on systems and solutions.
- Serve as the lead technical expert for the BrightView desktop environment.
- Oversee Microsoft Windows patch management, WSUS, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate endpoint patch management processes to maintain operating systems and desktop computing software.
- Maintain current standards for hardware (e.g., workstations, laptops, tablets, and printers), operating systems, MS Office, web browsers, and other desktop software, company-wide.
- Maintain BitLocker and MBAM Console Management Solution.
- Develop, maintain, and implement group policies related to users and workstations. Ensure that policies are written to align with company policies and standards.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance universal operating system images, driver packages, and software packages either via SCCM/Microsoft Deployment Toolkit/Windows Deployment Services.
- Maintain the SCCM environment and distribute software and patches to intended target groups.
- Maintain disaster recovery plan and documentation for SCCM environment.
- In coordination with Infrastructure, monitor the desktop end point protection solution to identify infected workstations and take appropriate action to remove viruses and mitigate the damage.
- Interface with key vendors for software, workstation, endpoint protection, and other applicable solutions to resolve technical issues.
- Adhere to IT Change Management and Control processes to plan and execute changes to SCCM and group deployments and changes.
- Create and maintain documentation for key systems, applications, and procedures.
- Up to 10% travel.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a senior level desktop / workstation engineer for a large company (public company preferred, but not required).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a desktop / workstation engineer with direct experience using SCCM and Active Directory group policy management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ application packaging experience and task sequences (PowerShell, SCCM, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit).
- Experience owning and administering an enterprise SCCM environment, driving company-wide patch and software deployments, and developing universal system images.
- Experience building Active Directory group policies, security groups, and managing users and devices.
- Experience managing small to medium sized desktop / software projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Strong focus on collaborating across inter IT department teams and the business.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks.
- CompTIA A+, SCCM, HDI, MCSA, Network+ certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Experience supporting AutoCAD and Design software preferred, but not required.
- Experience building and managing virtual software and desktop environments via Citrix (preferred, not required).
- Experience generating SCCM reports, and managing software license tools.
- 2-4 year technical degree preferred, not required.
- SCCM, Microsoft Deployment ToolKit, and Windows Deployment Services.
- Active Directory group policy, OU management, workstation and user management.
- Batch, VBScript, or Intermediate PowerShell scripting knowledge.
- Bomgar, SQL (SCCM), ServiceNow, PrinterLogic, Crowd Strike, and Druva desired, but not required.
- Windows desktop (7, 8, and 10) operating systems (including firewalls and other security tools), Microsoft Office, Skype for Business, and other standard desktop software packages.
- Mainstream workstation, tablet, and printer hardware: e.g., Dell, Apple, and HP.
- Desktop and software encryption, and PCI standards.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and incentives
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and other benefits
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
We are drug free and an EOE by choice.