IT Project Manager
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking an IT Project Manager within our Information Technology function. The position reports to the Senior IT Program Manager, and is located in either Calabasas, CA or Plymouth Meeting, PA, with up to 15% expected travel. The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning and leading diverse IT projects and matrixed teams: managing scope, schedule, budget, technical execution and deployment. Additionally, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing relationships with vendors, instilling best practices across the IT team, and coordinating IT business engagement in assigned functional areas.
What you’ll do:
- Increase the value IT provides to various operating divisions by implementing best practices and acting as advisor to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide updates to the scorecard for key technology initiatives, obtaining input from project and business teams.
Manage Projects per Best Practices and PMO Framework
- Lead all aspects of the project lifecycle, from conception, to project definition, initial kick-off, requirements analysis and design, through testing and implementation.
- Manage projects per best practices to include assembling teams, supervising business and vendor partners, assigning roles and responsibilities, identifying required resources, developing project plans and ensuring completion to project timelines / budgets.
- Proactively identify risks and manage mitigation plans as required.
- Work with division and corporate teams to identify and implement technology solutions that improve operations, reduce costs, and drive efficiencies.
- Work within IT teams to streamline processes, improve timeliness of service delivery, and reduce risk.
Contracting and Vendor Management
- Procure software and services at the best value considering all related costs.
- Manage vendor engagements and projects that include 3rd party solutions and custom applications. Oversee contracting and statement of work process and approval.
Skills we’re seeking:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years IT leadership experience with initiatives of sufficient scale.
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience delivering technology solutions.
- Well-versed in different development methodologies – Waterfall, Agile and Incremental.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills to interface with business partners, vendors, and the IT community.
- Self-starter and demonstrated success at identifying and leading solutions that solve business problems.
- Ability to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members.
- Ability to guide others on project standards, principles, methodology, and trends.
- Extensive experience in translating business requirements into practical solutions. This requires taking into account the impact to the business along with the long-term costs and complexity of the technology.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across technical areas and business units.
- Ability to work as a self-starter.
- Proven ability to provide and manage budgets for large scale projects and the accompanying rollout.
- Practical knowledge of application management and development processes, with PMP certification being of high value.
- Experience with diverse 3rd party software and development tools, ranging from ERP solutions to custom web development and mobile technologies.
- Experience with best-of-breed software solutions and cloud services.
- Competitive salaries and incentives, including long-term equity potential.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and other benefits.
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment.
We are drug free and an EOE by choice.