Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We are currently seeking a Regional Procurement Specialist. Reporting to the Senior Director of Procurement, with dotted line accountability to the Regional SVP, the Regional Procurement Specialist will be responsible for managing BrightView’s regional and market area procurement activities for specific commodity categories.
The primary responsibilities revolve around addressing the local purchasing needs of the region with emphasis on those commodities where national procurement programs do not fulfill the regional requirements. This position is responsible for vetting and developing a regional supplier base that adds value through combining the procurement needs of several branches and leveraging this volume to create purchasing discounts and rebate programs whose value exceeds that which can be accomplished on an individual branch basis. Much of this procurement activity is time sensitive. Commitment adherence, following up with suppliers on key deliverables is essential in achieving team member and client satisfaction.
Job Specifics: This person will be able to work anywhere in the state of Florida
- Works on and proactively communicates on a regional and market basis to promote and implement corporate procurement programs.
- Develops regional & local suppliers for market area goods and services (IE; plants, shrubs, mulch, aggregate & soils, etc.) where corporate national programs may be unavailable or ineffective to implement and develops solutions to fulfill needs with preferred suppliers.
- Works across divisional lines within an assigned geography to create synergies with existing or new supplier relationships.
- Teach, coach, train the local branch team on buying right and taking cost of out the supply chain.
- Analyzes local procurement trends and demonstrates to local leadership the financial value of participating in corporate programs.
- Emphasizes corporate rebate programs and demonstrates the value of these locally.
- Reviews supplier network to identify best supplier based on quality, cost and capability.
- Solicits competitive proposals from qualified suppliers (RFI’s, RFP’s & RFQ’s)
- Develop, negotiate price and administer purchasing terms and conditions agreements with suppliers in support of Company policies.
- Manages local relationships with suppliers and communicates service and quality concerns.
- Coordinate with accounts payables to resolve invoice or credit issues in a timely manner
- Assist with development of budgets and forecasts
- Availability to travel 50% of the time
- Finance, Accounting, Business or related Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience in a matrix organization
- Proficiency with Excel modeling, PowerPoint presentations and other financial software
- Precise, deadline-driven, mature-minded, organized, communicative and creative team member
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Ability to develop a collaborative working relationship with key local team members to assist in driving results. This is essential to being successful in this role.