Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking an AssistantBranch Manager (ABM). The Associate Branch Manager (ABM) is responsible for supporting the Branch Manager in the successful operation of the branch. ABMs ensure quality and efficient landscape construction for BrightView's clients while achieving the company’s goals of consistently improving market share and meeting financial targets. This role will directly manage portions of the branch team, with accelerating level or responsibility as on-boarding is successfully completed.
What you'll do:
- Have regular communication and meetings with team members and clients while building enduring relationships with them.
- Be responsible for the multimillion dollar P&L of the branch, expedite contracts and billing, and hire, train, inspire and develop branch staff.
- Be accountable for the efficiency of client work and increasing market share for the branch.
- Be responsible for overall management responsibility for the landscape construction branch.
- Establish goals, priorities and objectives for business development and operations teams and lead the execution of such.
- Lead business development, focusing on selling the full-cycle that BrightView offers.
- Collaborate with the HR function on people attraction, development and retention.
- Support hiring, on-boarding and mentoring of new team members.
- Develop long and short-term strategic business planning for your branch.
- Lead by example as teams strive for 100% highly satisfied customers. Identify ways to provide more value to the customer
- In collaboration with your branch management team, review estimates, bids, proposals and contracts.
- Working with the branch operations team, ensure work is executed with the highest quality and that budgets are met and margins are exceeded.
- Always learning while teaching others to do the same.
Skills we're seeking:
- 4-5 years of supervisory experience in construction or related industry.
- A proven track record demonstrating your ability to build strong relationships with general contractors, and other clients, resulting in strong business performance
- Beyond your managerial capacity, you must demonstrate skills in project and time management, team motivation, decision making and technology (MS Office and costing/estimating packages).
- You will have a four year degree in landscape architecture, civil engineering, construction science, construction management, horticulture/other related field.
- A working knowledge of business accounting and P&L statements is required, plus broad knowledge of horticulture, landscaping equipment and managing a fleet of company vehicles.
- Demonstrated people development and performance management skills.
- Familiarity of construction and production techniques for a self-performing contractor.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.