Position Summary: The Director, Strategic Sourcing is responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s sourcing and procurement processes for all services and service lines. Growth in our current business and expansion into new service lines will require ongoing organizational assessment, re-alignment recommendations to senior management and potential transformational change as we look to accelerate our capabilities. Span of control and accountabilities include collaborating with Service Delivery, Finance, and Account Management leaders on the direction of the sourcing and purchasing function to achieve service commitments as well as the development of best in class processes to drive service level improvement. The Director will develop and manage cross functional projects with all key constituents depending on the project, and interfaces with various leaders on procurement strategies.
- Build, lead, and leverage teams to support the vision toward sourcing and procurement excellence.
- Develop and implement sourcing initiatives encompassing business needs and requirements. Initiatives will center on group sourcing, service bundling, vendor consolidation, risk and compliance, and improved operational performance.
- Assume ownership of the sourcing and procurement function, and category management ensuring division commitments & metrics (ROI, etc.) are both met, and presented to multiple levels of leadership, and audiences.
- Perform complex value analysis and financial evaluations of bid proposals, including evaluating potential supplier's relative financial strength and capabilities to deliver results over term of contract.
- Design, lead, and/or implement Risk Management processes and controls.
- Lead, execute and enhance supplier performance management program including supplier reviews, scorecard management, contract compliance, issue resolution and service delivery
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to identify and implement new opportunities while also troubleshooting issues and helping to drive understanding of the procurement process
- Identifies high priorities for On-Boarding team and delegate responsibilities to team members.
- Accountable for on-time start up and initial service on new client accounts.
- Provide staff development, training, and mentoring to improve employee competency and job satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, supply chain, or related discipline
- MBA, CPM or CPSM Certification preferred
- 10+ years of experience in operations, leading a purchasing, sourcing or procurement role
- Experience as an agent of change, for a large scale company transformation
- Strong negotiating skills in order to move quickly on jobs if necessary with the ability to meet targeted deadlines and margins.
- Strong decision making abilities to make decision on behalf of BES while meeting expectations on performance operationally and financially.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.