Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Chief Estimator to join our BrightView Landscape Development middle management team. The Chief Estimator reports directly to the Branch Manager and is responsible to manage, train and develop a group of estimators preparing cost estimates and bidding on a diverse palette of multi-million dollar projects. In addition to overall duties of creating and maintaining an atmosphere of growth and development the Chief Estimator is responsible to review bids to ensure the accuracy of each bid based on the general conditions, site requirements, plans, specifications, and addenda.
What you'll do:
- Prepare and run the weekly Sales and Estimating Meeting; review bid schedule with Branch Manager, Project Estimating Team and Business Developer
- Attend all Pre-Job ‘Turnover- Kickoff” meetings with other Departments.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings with other Middle Managers.
- Work on multiple projects; perform multi-tasking and planning for future.
- Participate in all Design Build projects and be able to provide Budget Estimate or ROM.
- Leading and developing a team of Project Estimators.
- Utilizing standard estimate computer software to present information to management
- Gathering, calculating and compiling take off data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Perform takeoff, spreadsheet input; analyze plans, specs, construction notes and details.
- Prepare cost analysis recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Perform quantity analysis, cost analysis, labor estimates & subcontractor pricing
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, make an estimate.
- Preparing routine estimates in partnership with the Branch Manager and the head of Pre-construction.
- Review estimate with estimators for completeness and accuracy from start to finish and close out job on time.
- Put scope letter with qualifications and exclusions of each specific project.
- Evaluate Project Documents for constructability and value engineering opportunities.
- Maintaining current and accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Analyze and strategize bids, competitors, margin, and bid closure.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Support the overall goals and objectives of the local and regional teams.
Skills we're seeking:
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience in large scale public or private commercial or private site work projects
- Understanding and knowledge of with On-Screen-Takeoff (OST) and HCSS preferred
- A plus: Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Horticulture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management or related
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- A plus: working understanding of Microsoft Project or Primavera Construction Scheduling software.
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- A plus: Bilingual (Spanish)
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.