Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking an SEC Senior Reporting Analyst.
What you'll do:
- Core participation in quarterly earnings and SEC filing process, including: (i) drafting and review of various sections of the quarterly and annual filings, including ownership of XBRL tagging; (ii) preparing quarterly analytical reviews to support Management’s Discussion and Analysis and internal reporting analysis (iii) execution of all responsibilities in compliance with our internal control framework.
- Actively research new and existing accounting literature to ensure compliance with GAAP accounting standards, including preparation of documentation ensuring appropriate accounting for actual and proposed transactions with analysis on current business issues and their potential impact on our accounting, disclosure and filing requirements.
- Prepare and provide assistance the SEC Reporting Manager and VP, Corporate Controller in preparation of financial deliverables and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Support various aspects of the external audit, including managing audit requests to ensure compliance with financial reporting and completing various quarter-end tasks and managing audit matters to completion.
- Interact with internal auditors to assure proper adherence to internal controls pertaining to financial reporting process.
- Interact with external auditors during annual financial statement audit.
- Assist in drafting statutory/regulatory financial reporting and other external requests for financial information.
- Identify process inefficiencies, recommend efficient process alternatives and facilitate the execution of process improvements.
- Ensure appropriate handling and sharing of confidential financial information.
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure completeness and accuracy of consolidated financials
Skills we're seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience - public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Action oriented; thrives in a dynamic environment; takes initiative to identify and resolve issues
- Precise, deadline-driven team member with strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills; strategic thinker
- High level of proficiency in Excel to perform spreadsheet and financial analysis
- JD Edwards experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.