Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Golf Course Superintendent for the Lake of the Pines located in Auburn, CA. The superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation and management of a golf course. He serves as the liaison between the company, the customer representative and the golf shop on matters concerning daily course operation. He shall be easily contacted and will, in turn, be in contact with the key employees on the golf course at all times. The superintendent must be able to respond quickly to any situation.
What you'll do:
- Plan, organize, and direct maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to the technical specifications of the contract.
- Partner with the customer to understand or develop a long term property improvement plan.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment assigned to the course.
- Prepare and operate within annual budget estimates.
- Prepare and follow an annual agronomic plan that operates within the technical specifications of the contract and the annual budget.
- Procure and manage supplies and materials to support maintenance activities.
- Create and distribute report of maintenance activities as required.
- Manage golf course employees including interview, hire, training, discipline and separation.
- Protect the company’s interest by an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations including course and company policies.
- Fulfill administrative duties timely. Administer all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program and the BrightView BV360 Management Program.
- Represent BrightView Golf Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude, appearance and speech.
- Maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Meet or exceed external and internal customer expectations.
Skills we're seeking:
- Must obtain a Qualified Applicator License from State Department of Pesticide Regulation within 6 months of hire
- Experience in all phases of golf course management and turf culture.
- A working knowledge of the construction, establishment, and maintenance practices employed on golf course putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- A degree or advanced knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, plant or soil science. High degree of administrative and executive ability including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Certified and /or licensed for pesticide usage.
- Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners. Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, wells and automatic controls and drainage.
- Able to prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf. Able to evaluate the course from the player’s perspective.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.