Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for building solutions to help the BES division deliver outstanding service to our customers and solid support to our employees and subcontractors. This role will work closely with the BES division, BrightView’s central IT team, and outside vendors to develop and maintain solutions consistent with company standards and industry best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, build and maintain software applications and data warehouses.
- Build reports and dashboards in Power BI with various SQL Server and Azure back-ends.
- Implement, configure, and integrate off-the-shelf and SAAS / Cloud solutions.
- Gather and document business requirements and turn them into practical designs.
- Test, debug and document code.
- Jointly establish project due dates and then meet them.
- Provide status reports on projects when requested.
- Support existing applications and technology solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in a software development role in an enterprise setting.
- Extensive experience with software development technologies and environments including C#.Net, Azure, AWS, Power BI, SQL Server, Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with implementing and consuming technologies to integrate applications including RESTful and SOAP APIs, JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Well-versed in different development methodologies – Waterfall and Agile.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members.
- Extensive experience in translating business requirements into practical solutions. This requires taking into account the impact to the business along with the long-term costs and complexity of the technology.
- Experience with integration tools like Dell Boomi, Informatica, Mulesoft preferred.
- Experience with best-of-breed software solutions and cloud services like Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics preferred.