Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
Tree Care Branch Manager: Successful Tree Care Managers are proactive leaders, have a strong work ethic and are self-starters who enjoy interacting with the public and our employees.
- Planning, scheduling and administering the branch budget
- Ensuring that all jobs are completed according to plans, are within budget and according to deadlines
- Delivering timely and accurate reports, financials and schedules on a regular basis
- Representing Company, interfacing and building relationships with owners, clients, architects, general contractors and subcontractors
- Managing tools and equipment delivery, storage, operation and maintenance
- Hiring, managing, training and developing employees, conducting performance appraisals
- Ensuring that the entire branch operates safely and efficiently at all times
- Communicating Company goals to branch management and employees
- Ensuring that employees are both results oriented and able to operate as a team
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting Company culture
Skills and Abilities
- Manage multiple projects, deadlines and demands.
- Resolve problems while keeping in mind the best interests of the company, employees and clients.
- Make decisions, including unpopular ones, in the best interest of the company and/or branch.
- Communicate clearly, comfortably, and effectively, with clients, team members, and management.
- Prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency.
- Work with numbers accurately.
- Complete paperwork accurately and on-time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Vista, Windows 7 and above) and programs, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency in, or knowledge of, mobile applications or software, including but not limited to retrieving email from a mobile device, accessing and using mobile applications, taking and sharing pictures.
- Proficient in Estimating and Job Cost systems.
- Understanding of Profit and Loss (P&L) statements.
- Exhibit a readiness to make deci
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and act in a way that causes others to trust.
- Build trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
- sions, take action, and make commitments.
- Develop alternate courses of action and make decisions which are logical and which reflect factual information.
- Utilize ethical judgment.
- Evaluate situations and identify existing problems or opportunities.
- Search for root causes when solving problems.
- Make high-quality decisions based on accurate assessment of the facts and situation.
- Understand in detail the suite of landscape services offered by BrightView.
- Assess client needs and present appropriate services for potential work order and maintenance business.
- Provide leadership in projects through all phases to completion
- Negotiate and cooperate with others to best use available resources.
- Develop and maintain effective relations with both internal and external customers.
- Gain team member understanding, support, and commitment to delivery.
- Motivate others to work effectively as a team.
- Commit to eliminating organizational barriers to teamwork and quality improvement.
Time and Task Management
- Avoid crises through systematic planning and follow-through.
- Organize activities such that they are properly completed in a timely manner.
- Schedule time by assigning priorities to daily/weekly/monthly work activities.
- Document and file appropriate information in an organized manner for future reference.
Education and Experience
- 4-5 years of supervisory experience in the landscape or related industry; ISA Certified Arborist preffered.
- 2 or 4 year degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience in a service industry.