Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking an Operations Manager in Augusta, GA. When your team is there, you want to be there, too. When a customer approaches you with a concern, chances are you’ve already started to think through a solution. A true field operations leader like you is perfect for a business like ours.
What you'll do:
- Apply knowledge of professional baseball field maintenance best practices, and capable of performing all associated duties to meet client specifications
- Builds people capability through effective team supervision, training and client relations and communication
- Plans maintenance and project work to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards
- Executes the action plan to restore fields damaged by weather, use, or other conditions to a level commensurate with that expected and agreed upon by the client.
- Manages and reviews irrigation systems performance and initiates changes when necessary.
- Ensures pesticide and fertilizer compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
- Tracks, schedules and performs turf applications and maintenance operations.
- Manage field materials and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Skills we're seeking:
- Prefer candidates with a bachelors or Associates' Degree
- 2 years professional sports turf experience
- Degree/coursework or certification in a landscape related field are strongly preferred.
- Customer and managerial aptitude
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the work (extensive walking, bending, lifting/carrying 35 – 80 pounds often, outdoor weather conditions, and the dexterity to operate mowers, blowers and related machinery.)
- Ability to obtain a chemical applicator license
- Current driver’s license
- Demonstrates ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Working knowledge of computer based irrigation monitoring systems
- Ability to work a flexible and 40+ hour schedule including early mornings, evenings and/ or weekends and holidays (in accordance with field event programming schedule).
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.